Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the one that would have been thursday

I've never realized how much of a drag it is to take summer school, especially in England. Note to all: if you want to study abroad, summer's probably not the best time, particularly if you're used to being lazy and slacking off during the summer like moi. Class has been a constant droning of discussion, the kind where only the teacher discusses and when she pauses for input, all she gets is blank stares.

I finally stopped being anti-social and decided to jump in on school sponsored social events: the pub crawl. oh my god. about 6 groups of 40 american college students on a supervised field trip to three pubs in Brighton and a club at the very end. needless to say, it was a whole bunch of KUHRAZY. Kevin and I had a shot of absinthe each... I hadn't even heard of absinthe prior to - no, I didn't see any fairies. We headed over to the club and spent about two hours dancing away, getting stepped on, and exchanging sweat with all the other crazies until we just couldn't handle it anymore. Apparently my Mama-esque role takes on here too, because I ran after drunk kevin as we left the club, and he was shouting, "I WANNA TOUCH THE OCEAN"- in the pouring rain. After agreeing to dip my feet into the Atlantic Ocean with him, we ran and ran under the bullets of rain, roaring thunder and striking lightning to the bus stop... and being the graceful person that I am, I slid on that slippery sucker of a sidewalk. While examining my wonderful bruises and scratch on the side of my thigh at the bus stop, I overheard one of my friends telling some guy that she was going to jizz on him... they should have warning labels on that alcohol stuff.

But boy, was it lovely. Running barefoot through the streets of Brighton under the rain - past all the beautiful buildings and the reflections of the street lights on the pavement. I don't think I'll ever forget that night.

thankful of not catching pneumonia,
captain

1 comment:

  1. this sounds beautiful and epic and I wish I was there to enjoy it! but please be safe- as long as you're in one piece I'll be good :D

    LOOOOVE <3

    ReplyDelete